Monday, January 19, 2009

My crazy leg, over saturation, and invading the Holiest of Holies.

I appologize for the rant, but I need to get stuff off my chest.

Since after Christmas my right leg has swollen and gotten red. Kathy took me to the ER and after waiting 5 hours to get an ultrasound on my leg, they sent me home and told me to return the following day. It was diagnosed as a simple infection and I am treating it with antibiotics. No worries. I guess ultrasound operators have more of a life than I do.

I understand some of you voted for the guy, but I am so tired of hearing about our next president. The media is doing a fine job of shoving him down my throat. I fear they are setting him up for failure. People have such high expectations for him and his tenure as the president(king, god, take your pick, he's being treated like all of these), I don't know if anyone could live up to what they are wanting. I have an honest fear that he will not survive four years as president. Some idiot will haul off and shoot the guy. Just what we need, this guy becoming a "martyr for the cause".

And if it is not enough that he is on every tv channel, website, magazine, and newspaper, he is invading the Holiest of Holies. Yes, that is correct. Marvel comics is including Barrack Obama in the next Spider-man comic book. Is nothing sacred?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

John, I'm so sorry your leg isn't feeling well. I'm glad it's being treated, though. I agree about Obama, but then I don't watch too much news or anything, so only get him in small doses (whenever they put him on the page that I go to sign-in for e-mail). How terribly upsetting that he is invading your comics. That's the last straw!

Anonymous said...

Spider-man? Are they serious? That's got to be a joke...

or maybe not... maybe he'll be the villain!