Monday, October 13, 2008

A clean house, some awesome visiting teachers, and a perplexing movie

Oh the joys of a day off from work--thank you Christopher Columbus, you've given me a much needed day off! After 4 loads of laundry and cleaning the spare room, which is really our junk room aka where we throw everything we don't know where to put--needless to say, we've got a lot of junk. Anyway, it's all spiffy clean and ready to take more of our endless junk for months to come---and I'm sure it'll come. My visiting teachers came by today and it was a welcome visit, didn't really talk to much about spiritual things--sometimes I get the feeling that they are (well one of them) is reluctant to speak about God, kind of embarrassed. Well, I can sort of understand that, if you are not comfortable in your own skin, speaking about spiritual things can kind of be like putting a giant spotlight on yourself. Anyway, their good and I'm good--trying to be a nice person and not bite everyone's head off. So I went to see The Duchess and it really perplexed me---is that really how people back in 18th century England behaved? I don't know...I usually walk out of chick flicks going 'whoopie! she got the guy and they lived happily every after' but boy, this was anything but happily ever after. Cookies are done and time for FHE---whoopie for cookies!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It sounds like the clean house, visiting teachers, and cookies made it a great day! Although, it would've been a great day no matter what since you didn't have to work! Very cute post, Kathy!